Followers

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Super Size Me

Super Size Me (2004), is a short documentary written and directed by Morgan Spurlock.
Spurlock decides to consume McDonalds for a month, making it his breakfast, lunch and dinner substitute. He agrees to try everything on the menu at least once, and take the super size meal only if offered. Before beginning the experiment, he consults four doctors. Overall, Spurlock is very healthy for his age. He starts off weighing 185.5 LB's and gains 24 LB's by the end of finishing his experiment. Although, I haven't met any people who solely depend on eating McDonald's daily, I still find his attempt to be somewhat useful and insightful. What surprised me the most, were the sudden cravings to eat more McDonalds and how it almost became an addiction for Spurlock despite him feeling nauseated the previous day.
Another part of the film that caught my attention was the free delivery service provided at one of the McDonalds in Manhattan. As for the children not being able to recognize the face of George Washington or Jesus but right away pointing out at Ronald McDonald is rather priceless. Overall I don't think Spurlock went wrong making the documentary and luckily his health gets back on track.

3 comments:

  1. Even thouhg the they do deliver for free, it takes forever for the delivery to actually get to its destination. I have a question for you, what exactly is a part-time insomniac? do you ever go full-time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was.....4 or 5 years old; I did not have to put any effort to remember all of the characters of MacDonald. We all see the power of advertisement using animation or toys to attract children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I knew a lot about fast food. How harmful it can be for our health. But after I saw the movie I was really in shock. Fast food not only has influence on our physical health but also mental health. I just have a hope the majority of the customers do not fit the patern they show in the movie.

    ReplyDelete